I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Kymber from:
Please visit her blog and check out her legacy stories which are some of the best in the Sims community here in WordPress. I’m currently reading her 3rd Generation of Noble Doubt Legacy which is a Sims 3 Legacy Story and I LOVEEEE it. Needless to say, I highly recommend it.
**Thank you Kymber for the nomination, this means a great deal to me. Thank you!**
So what is the Liebster Award really? Well, in my own words is just the way bloggers/writers show our appreciation, love and support to those other bloggers/writers we enjoy and wish to see flourish more.
The rules are as follows:
- Have a display of the Liebster Award in your blog post or in the side bar of your blog
- Give thanks to the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog
- Respond with answers to the 11 questions you were asked
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you love
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees
- Let your chosen Liebster award noms know they’ve been nominated by providing them with a link to your blog post
The questions asked by Kymber & my answers:
- What food have you never eaten but would really like to try?
When I really think about this I can’t say I would REALLY like to try anything I haven’t eaten. I’m not adventurous at all, and I hate to try things that I would dislike so I don’t try. At the same time I was always told we don’t turn our face away from offered food. If I were to visit another country, I guess the decent thing to do is to try the food that is native to that culture. I would. And so, out of all the countries which food is very different from American I think I would love to try Korean food that has not been commercialized here in the western world. Like noodles with black beans.
2. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of it?
Easy! “When Harry Met Sally”
3. What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat?
Bears in general. I think the Red Panda is adorable.
4. What’s the most epic way you’ve seen someone quit or be fired?
I have not seen anyone quit or be fired, but I have heard stories. I guess the most epic way was a fellow coworker’s story of when he became a Union Steward and was asked to represent the laziest person in his facility, he said: “thank you but here is my steward certification. I quit.” – not very epic, but that’s all I have.
5. What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?
Anything coming from a sense of entitlement.
6. What invention doesn’t get a lot of love, but has greatly improved the world?
7. What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
8. If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
Oh Gosh…. I have no idea.
To start, I would have to think of someone who has narrated amazing stories, because obviously I would want nothing but the best, but then I KNOW that my story would not be amazing, and so I’m left at the beginning, thinking of who could narrated my story?
9. What movie quotes do you use on a regular basis?
I wouldn’t say a regular basis, but I often say these quotes in my head and laugh at myself for it:
“I hear nothing. Not even a sound… just the beat of my own heart.” – “You’ve Got Mail”
“‘The Godfather’ is the I Ching. ‘The Godfather’ is the sum of all wisdom. ‘The Godfather’ is the answer to any question. What should I pack for my summer vacation? ‘Leave the gun, take the cannoli.’ What day of the week is it? ‘Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday.’ ” – “You’ve Got Mail”
“Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.” – “You’ve Got Mail”
“… an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.” – “You’ve Got Mail”
“You’re taking all the caviar? That caviar is a garnish!” – “You’ve Got Mail”
“…when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – “When Harry Met Sally.”
“…all men are sure it never happened to them and all women at one time or other have done it so you do the math.” – “When Harry Met Sally.”
“…men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” – “When Harry Met Sally”
“You take someone to the airport, its clearly the beginning of the relationship…” – “When Harry Met Sally”
10. What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now?
Shoulder pads. I think that even though used as fashion statements, that’s all they are used for now a days. Back when I was young people actually wore shoulder pads and it was a cool thing.
11. Which protagonist from a book or movie would make the worst roommate?
I would have to think of movies or books I disliked and that’s hard for me as I block the story completely…. hmmm: Clary Fray…
~~I took one day to think really hard about whether to nominate or not, only because I don’t know many bloggers. The rules are to nominate 5 to 11. I don’t have even 3 to nominate, and so I came to the conclusion today that I would leave the nominations open to all! I nominate each one of you that is reading this and has a blog. ~~
My Questions to YOU:
- Which are your favorite books and why?
- If you could pick who you wanted to be in life, who would you pick?
- Favorite literary character?
- Do you prefer sunset or sunrise?
- Favorite film character?
- Do you think cursive writing should be taught in schools, or not?
- Are traditions important in life?
- Is the world a better place now than it was before?
- What one word would you use to describe the meaning of life as you know it?
- Has blogging changed your perspective in life?
- What have you learned that made the biggest impact in the way you see the world and all that live in it?